View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 10:05 PM

Default lots

of opinions for and against. Myself it boils down to is it archery equipment.
It has a string on a stick and shoots what looks like an arrow with a broadhead on it. SOmeone pointed out that the provinces definition say archery equipment must be drawn and held by muscular power. Well a lot of compounds are 85% let off. When Compounds first came out the traditional archer screamed bloody murder that it was an unfair advantage and shouldn't be allowed in archery season. Seems to me that that is what the compound crowd is arguing about xbows now. Seems to me the definition for archery equipment was changed when compounds became popular. DId it not use to say that it must pull a 28" arrow to full draw and be held and measured at 45lbs? If that was the case most people would never be able to draw a compund bow back with the let off because you are actually holding a lot less. Or is my memory at fault here. At anyrate One thing everyone thinks will happen is the amount of hunters will explode in the archery season. It may increase a bit but not substantaly IMHO. I don't know about some of you but I only have 1 week a year dedicated to hunting. I have set partners to hunt with and I for one don't feel like loosing hunting with good friends and family because I could hunt with a crossbow in archery season. Sure I might go on weekends, but really don't see that happening as my partners probably will not buy a crossbow. We have archery equipment now and we don't utilize them for hunting, just target practise a few times a year in case we want to use them in the fall.