Thread: GoPro Hero 3
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarplayingfish View Post
I have been told that the Go Pro 3 has such a high resolution no monitor will work for it.

I just ordered myself the only (literally, I couldn't find any other one) Hero 2 I could find... 200$ cheaper then Hero 3, and basically does the same thing. Hero 2 is now discontinued... I had a hell of a time finding one. I suggest if you can find one, pick it up.. But chances are slim at this point.
Yeah the 1440p will not show up any different then 1080p on a monitor. The "cinema" quality is a stupid money grab they threw in. Honestly, unless you're shooting video for the big screen, 1440p is ridiculous. Even when on a massive screen say at a movie theater, 1080 wont look different enough from 1440 to be worth it.

On another note, I think its just garbage that they released the hero 3's right before christmas knowing full well they had issues. Terrible marketing on their part. My hero 2 does the job it needs to do, and thats with a snake river flat lens for underwater, and using it for point of view if hands are being used for climbing or what not. Other then that, anything i can shoot with my DSLR or camera, will take precedence over the go pro. Because the quality of video you get from a gopro just isnt what they make it out to be. If you dont believe me match its footage up to footage of a real camera with the same "specs", and there is just no comparison.