Thread: 30 M1 Carbine
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 04:52 PM

Just got back from Can Tire Leduc.

Checked out the M1 Carbine again, and yes, it is the Chiappa .22LR Lookalike .30 M1 Carbine.

Wood is nice, the bolt and op rod rack nicely, the mag, bayo lug etc are all plastic (The bolt and barrel are steel and the action might be cast steel or aluminum??).

It definitely looks just like my Iver Johnson .30 Carbine, and would be cheaper to shoot, but I have read many nasty reviews on this gun.... maybe Chiappa has addressed these issues on the latest models, but I know a buddy has the Chiappa 1911 clone in .22 and it's a craptastic jammomatic too....

So instead of $400 for the cool, but perhaps, unreliable M1 carbine .22 copy, I purchased one of the dirt cheap $125 Norinco JW14 M1 Carbine copies they have there in .22LR!!! It's more of a bastard child between a German Gewehr43 and an M1 Carbine, but much cheaper and definitely reliable!!! I just took mine into the shop, blew the Cosmoline and Styrofoam bits out of the barrel with the compressor, function checked, and blasted a coke can to smithereens at 50 yards!! This will go nicely alongside my Norinco K98 .22 copy too!

PS: They DO record your info in a Ledger at CanTire... I lodged my disapproval, and they said they were looking into it, and the nice lady did mention that it is most likely CanTire policy. So keep telling them that we'd prefer they don't do it, and the owner may change his mind.

Cheers!!
My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Desert_Faux". These posts are for informational and entertainment use only. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.