Thread: 30 M1 Carbine
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally338 View Post
I have a Plainsfeild that is non restricted. I believe barrel length determines classification .
Yes, barrel length does determine classification. ALL USGI WW2 M1 Carbines with ORIGINAL barrels are Restricted. Many have been rebarreled to be over the legal 18.5" to make them non-restricted (or had "extensions" added, which are longer accepted), and also, many post war commercial M1 Carbines were made with barrel lengths over 18.5"...

On .22 Rimfire though, even Semi Autos, barrel length doesn't matter so much as the overall length needs to be at least 26".

Semi Auto Centrefire has to have a barrel longer than 18.5" to be non restricted.

My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Desert_Faux". These posts are for informational and entertainment use only. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.