View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 11:04 PM

I bought a one man camo deer blind that is black on the inside. Quick pop up with attached chair and good frame. I used it for hunting and ice fishing. And for lightweight move around trips I sewed up some some heavy black plastic to make a big bag. I sit on a 5 gallon pail and put the bag on. The bag is big enough that it is quite comfy. It can get warm if the sun is out. I tie a short cord to the bag and to myself because a wind can take the bag away pretty easy if it gets in the bag. The bag fits in the pail along with my fishing gear and lunch. I would just carry the pail and an ice chisel or auger. I'd leave room in the pail for a fish or two too.

The neatest one man tent ... there used to be an old guy that fished at Pigeon lake that when he walked around it looked like he had bat wings on his back. Made from lightweight black fabric and one inch square wooden lathes. He'd sit on a pail and cloak his bat wings around himself. Looked like a 6 foot tepee when the wings were extended around him. He'd just stand up close his wings and walk to the next hole.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets