View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 08:09 AM

Default Viszla or Gsp

i got my son a GSP because i had a very hard time finding a Lab breeder that hunted their dogs. i am guilty of not doing enough research into the breed to understand the amount of exercise these guys require. that said, during the winter our dog kind of goes into a hibernation type of mode lays around and sleeps a lot. but come spring, its full on muskrat patrol, find all kind of cow excretions to consume, chase a few geese around, hide the occasional mouse in his mouth and try to sneak it into the house kind of things they like to do. We took him to a kennel and found out that the owner of the kennel taught him to go for runs with the quad. thats what we do now with him when it warms up in the spring and even on nice days throughout the winter. we do also try to get him out for a good exercise run for him and ourselves in the winter if its nice. if your wife is allergic, not sure what to do with that other than reactine and other meds if not too serious. if she reacts heavily then dog is a no go. not sure what to tell you about that other than maybe the pudelpointer may be an option. i think Densa 44 has them. good luck