View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I have been down this road with asthma / allergy sufferers and hunting dogs.

I have had many and GSPs shed like hell. Crazy energy level as has been mentioned.

Pudelpointers and Vizsla are the only two that are advisable if your wife is a for real sufferer.

Anyone who may tell you GWPs don't shed are absolute liars. Not as bad as a GSP, but they do shed for sure.
I have a Drahthaar, and they most certainly do shed. Nowhere near a much as my friends Lab did, but they do shed. WPGs are supposedly hypoallergenic, and non shedding, but I don't have one, and can't confirm that. Temperament wise, bloodlines are the key factor, my dog is full of energy in the field, but very calm in the house, yet some GWPs are hyper in the house. The Vislas, GSPs, and GWPs and the similar breeds all require a lot of exercise, a 15 minute walk on a leash isn't enough for them. My dog runs off leash in a field for 45 minutes every day that he isn't hunting, which may also be a factor in him being so common in the house. As for getting two dogs, I would get one and train that dog, before getting a second one, training one at a time is enough for a new handler.