Thread: Status Natives
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
No not really been dealing with folks like you for most my life and I'm still here.

Take your first paragraph, that's pure hypocrisy, you say you don't want to change the Treaty but you want to update or amend. How do you propose to update or amend without changing? By magic?

As for the folks in parliament, I'm sure this is high on their radar and will be right on it as soon as the scandals are settled.

You haven't really answered any of my questions that would lead to a productive discussion. Instead you obfuscate by asking the same question repeatedly.

To answer your question on their reasonableness, no they are not reasonable. The Indians were swindled of this great country in exchange for measly hunting rights and to live on land that is left over.

I'll help you comprehend what I said, I said I'd like to see it changed, but I also said it's not my goal.

You can look at it as the Indians got swindled, truth is they would have be wiped out if they didn't sign.

For the record, I am not prejudice. I grew up with aboriginal friends, and anyone reading this from Fort Chip will know Bert Bourque, I dated his daughter for a long time, and we became good friends.

I'll tell you this Mb-MBR, I grew up in the outdoors, and as a matter of fact I'm at my cabin right now getting ready for a moose hunt in the morning. I work in the city to support my family but I spend nearly every weekend outdoors. It means every bit as much to me as it does to you. I have white friends who are Indians now so to speak because they are part métis, where does it end??? You don't need treaty right for sustenance in this day and age any more than I do, if you think you can convince me any different you dreaming.

Enjoy your privledges, but don't try and taunt me to try and take them away from you, we both know it's not going to happen today, but if enough people take notice it might.