Thread: Status Natives
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
You don't need treaty right for sustenance in this day and age any more than I do, if you think you can convince me any different you dreaming.

Enjoy your privledges, but don't try and taunt me to try and take them away from you, we both know it's not going to happen today, but if enough people take notice it might.

People taking notice.

Kurt, The treaty processes that you might think Canadian Government decides is much bigger than that. Canada is part of the United Nations.

below are excerpts from article,... http://www.amnesty.ca/our-work/issue...igenous-people)

"In 2007 there was a Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples created. This declaration encompasses indigenous peoples from around the world.

Only 4 countries, including Canada, would not sign this declaration. All four of those countries have reversed their positions and have since signed this declaration.
(if Canada had not signed, I believe there may have been implications with the UN and global community.)

Today, Canadian courts and courts around the world are beginning to use the Declaration to interpret national laws. And human rights bodies from provincial commissions to the expert bodies of the United Nations are using the Declaration to interpret state obligations. Key provisions of the Declaration -- such as the right of Indigenous peoples to say no to unwanted development on their lands -- . "

The international "global" community comes into play and Canada's gov't is under the microscope.

I wouldn't be to proud to be a Canadian wanting equality for all. You better have a talk with your Prime Minister about Canada's stance on equality and ending racism/favouritizm amongst Canada's people.

This is where Canada stands regarding the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples:

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies...ada_CERD80.pdf