Thread: Status Natives
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j m View Post
Despite finishing a nightshift this morning, I read the entire link posted. Unless I missed something in the document, Canada's position is that the declaration mentioned does not affect our current laws. I will have to remember to send a message to the PM thanking him for not allowing the UN to bypass our own parliament to pass laws in our country. Any other stance would open a truckload of cans of worms for our legal system. We have too many of those already.
Well put jm.
The UN has also introduced things like
"The rights of the child"

Based upon what the un suggested in their documents I have read on the subject, Canadian courts are non conformists about those recommendations as well.
Look no further than divorce cases and how skewed and biased our courts are in that department.

Like Kurt. I believe change will come one day as well.
It won't be in my lifetime.
Might take another four generations

Perhaps when Canada and the USA become one country the current agreements will have a chance to be ripped up.
Then, there will be a chance for all to be treated as equals.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!