Thread: #1 Boating Rule
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
I know it can happen that you run out of fuel, but I really don't see why. When I go out, I check my fuel before I go. Full tank, let's go, periodically through out the day I check to see how much I have left. When the fuel is half or less I head back toward the boat launch. As for the two that acted as if you owed them, well they are just jerks that will get theirs one day. When i go out I know that I have all the equipment needed to make a fun and safe day on the water. If the motor is not running just right I don't go.
Have fun and be safe out there boys and girls.
that is alright if you have a remote tank but if you have a built in tank that has a fuel gauge that doesnt read properly and has been "fixed" more then a few times i could see how you could run out.

i was out with my family last summer and ran out at the opposite end of the lake. we used the trolling motor to head back and had 3 boats and 2 jet skis pass us and wouldnt stop to help. it took us 8 hours to get back in 30 degree heat and my 2.5 year old had to hide under the single console to keep out of the sun. that was a rough day.