View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 03:41 PM

Default Thoughts and Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
So which post number was yours that contributed to the topic??

I'd rather be long winded and stick by my thoughts and ideas than be short winded and to scared to discus a topic other than a personal comment towards someone as you and a few others have shown.

Lets see your thoughts ideas and numbers. Then people can discus how you come across.

PM's are welcome. Ill gladly discus your dislike for my tactics there.
Key words here are " Thoughts and Idea's" you do not offer concrete evidence that a) wolves are the main problem b) if more access was given in certain areas where ungulante numbers are very high to help maintain numbers a little lower, the predators will be where the game is and some areas elk numbers are so high,thus increase in GRIZZ,BLACK BEAR, WOLVES AND COUGARS, there were so many elk they had a special season to harvest some more cow elk, this all came about from elk ruining hay,wrecking fences and motor vehicle collisions, so the land owners requested this hunt, but you know what when myself and brother tried to get access to land to hunt all i got was we have locals on land and they are there til there done, so how can we as sportsman (trappers included ) help if this is the response we always run into, cry for help, but when help comes knocking, turn your nose up at them because their not locals BS IMO, so as long as you have areas that allow these herds to grow and grow with no means of controlling numbers then there will always be an abundance of predatory animals to take advantage, this is the case in the southern part of Alberta,in my area anyways, so if you allow herds to grow super large,then you have to be willing to put up with the increase in the predators that prey upon the prey.P.S. i am in no means a professional in this area, or topic, just common sense,how nature works increase in PREY, increase in Predators.And i am a member of this foroum as well and find it a invaluable tool for almost anything and everything, and appreciate all the advice and enjoy reading threads, freedom of speech and this was a IMO comment i made, just stating the facts the way i see them, Thanks SG.