View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=yetiseeker;3711770]I am ABSOULTELY in support of recovery. I am very concerned that closing a system here and there will put more and more pressure on the remaining systems.[QUOTE]

I don't disagree that some anglers will travel to new systems, and others will stay home. I assume its a hard thing to predict..

I believe it was 5 out of the 90+ systems that they were proposing changes to. I guess it comes down to a choice of 90 collapsing systems, or 5 sustainable ones in 5 years, and a path to fixing the other 85+.

Its a poor analogy, but if this was a failing business and I had 90 failing products or a tough choice to that will generate 5 new and improved products and a model to adapt my remaining catalogue- this would be a no brainer. We have to look past the short term pain.

As for who I would suggest sending emails to - I would take a different approach to the content of the above and support the intent of the initiative (I know that might be obvious by this point). I would let AEP know that your are supportive of recovery. Additionally I would target Ministers of the organizations that have the habitat authority (AG/Forestry, Transportation and CC AEP).

Going negative isn't an effective tool and will put people on the defensive - especially the people who are trying to fix the issue.. (IE our biologists). The overall intent is recovery, I wouldn't try to derail the initiative because of the minutia.

Last edited by Bigbadblair; 01-18-2018 at 11:34 AM.