View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadblair View Post
This may be super simplistic but what has a higher priority - Conservation of a species or Recreation?

I think this is an ethical decision for you to make. As I stated before - I don't want to be complicit. If we're told what the science is pointing to and what things we can do to fix them.. I go with the science and the rational phasing in of changes.

Yeti - do you mind sharing any response you get? Curious how they will respond
That’s a stupid question, I strongly believe that both can coexist, I also think that the fisheries in question (at least the ones I’ve fished, Clearwater, red deer and perhaps another but I’d have to check) aren’t doing as poorly as they are stating. I also would bet that several southern ab rivers will be on that list within a few years in spite of some fantastic and improving fishing. This push for closing rivers has very little to do with science or consultation, I didn’t hear of any of this until just now after their minds are made up. As others have stated y2y and CPAWS are the ones calling the shots and they will find science that agrees with their goals.