View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
Ruger Hawkeye. feeds excellent if fed from the top. I just havent gotten the hang of consistently being trouble free with upside down loading, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I think its a relationship with the magazine follower matching up with the rounds.
Must be different at the top end where the bolt is from the Winchester? I’ve never had an issue, but now that I’ve said that I’m sure my next time out I’ll have a problem.

Blind mag, drop plate and removable mag, I own them all, along with a Ruger #1, and I like them all. Honestly 9 times out of 10 it only takes 1 shot, I can’t think of a time in recent history that I lost an opportunity at an animal because of the mag style. I can remember a couple specific times when someone forgot their removable mag at home when they went out hunting and were left with a single shot.

A blind mag theoretically will be the most rigid stock design and therefore the most accurate stock design, it will also be the lightest. The drop plate will be the second lightest design and as mentioned above should leave room for longer rounds, I think this really is the best design myself. There is no doubt that the least amount of hassle will be the the removable magazine so long as you don’t forget it or lose it, and it’s by far the best design for road hunting, although the Ruger #1 is just as fast to load. I gotta say, for a rifle without any magazine those little Rugers seem to be heavy.