View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 08:48 PM

Default None taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
Your choice of the 6.5 Creedmoor for use with the heavy for cal bullets brings up a question. Perhaps a much better choice would have been a modern actioned 6.5 Swede É

With about 4 gr.s more case capacity than the CM. going that route would have increased your MV to the mid 2800`s with a bullet like a 143 ELDx and a modern powder - without excess pressure ( less than 58,000 psi) and with every bit of the accuracy that the CM can produce. I always wondered what the magical draw to The CM ctdge. was all about.. especially with the heavier bullets. Still curious. Need some help. No diss intended.
I may have made a mistake. I have been shooting 140 ELdM out of my 6.5x47 lapua @ 2800+ and I thought that the Creed might get me up over 2900 or maybe I could shoot the 156 grain projectiles in the 2700 FPS I think that I might have had to high of expectations.

I also bought it because I dont always enjoy reloading. Some days its very rewarding but other days its a chore. So I thought to get a Creed and you can buy off the shelf ammo. That has been nice I must say. Cant do that with a x47L

Seems like they are pretty close.

One thing that is fascinating is how the X47L loves varget but the Creed doesnt. Very Interesting.