View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I myself am partial to 2 piece rods. I don't backpack into remote lakes anymore and if I did, I would figure out a way to pack my 2 piece in. All of my rods have cases, so that isn't the issue there. What I like about 2 piece rods is if I am fishing more than one stream in a day, when I get back to the truck, I just let out some slack line and take the rod apart with my choice of fly still attached instead of taking everything apart for the short drive to the next stream. When I get there, just put the rod back together and I am back fishing a lot sooner than having to rig everything back up again. Works for me anyhow
X2

I don't find 2 piece rods a pain to carry when backpacking, I have sturdy rod cases for them and I use the case as a walking stick as I hike. If I take more than 1 rod (which is hardly ever) I simply lash the second one to the pack. The other thing I dislike about multiple section rods is that you have to check more than one connection as your fishing throughout the day to make sure they are not coming loose. I only have one four-piece rod, but this happens regularly and chaps my ass!