View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 03:42 PM

Default Season Ender

Dec 20th …. Up extra early, on the ice at 7:30 set up in my hot spot in the shallows & ready for them just before 8:00 am, had my camera down about 6 feet behind me, couldn't believe it, didn’t see one until 9:10, it came & went, seen another at 9:30 wasn’t interested then nothing for 45 minutes, decided to move to where I got a few over deeper water. Seen one at 10:30 came in after the Brass W/W, got him, hoping there would be more but didn’t see another one until 11:45 it was in the distance on the camera going out to deeper water. Had lunch, didn’t see anymore & packed it in for the season at 1:00 pm. That was it 4 Whites all morning & didn’t see any Walleye or Pike. Perhaps the pending change of weather has something to do with it, forecast is for periods of snow tonight & tomorrow.

Got home & unpacked & burned the fuel out of my auger, took the plug out & put some oil down the cylinder, it’s put away until next season. Put the sled away, drying my tent out & cleaned up some of my gear.

Wish it would of been more productive, however, that’s fishin, had some good days & a few not so good days, my P/B White was an accomplishment & I have a new goal for next year. Trust you enjoyed the daily adventure as much as I did & hope some of the info, pic’s & fishin tips shared in my report will help & improve your success over the remainder of hard water season.

Were departing for Palm Springs in a week, gone for 3.5 months, need to work on my golf swing & game again. Wish all my A/O friends a very Merry-XMass & Happy N-Year.

Cheers

David