View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 11:36 AM

Being new to the whole hunting thing (2yrs in) with very little guidance from any older family members it's been a lot of trial and error for us. That being said Dustin is always adament about me not contaminating our hunting spots..I have small kidneys! So we always made pit stops before we got to where we needed to set up for deer. Well this yr after the whole kidney stone debacle I have to drink at least 3 liters of fluid a day forever....not very condusive to holding it, my new hunting pack has a water bladder built in for that specific purpose of making sure I drink. But I tried really hard to hold tru to the don't contaminate the site rule. While still hunting opening weekend Dustin was at one end and I was at the other of a field and I just could not hold it any longer, my eyes were tearing up, I was doing the dance and it was still 45 mins to light. So I trotted off about 50yrds from where I was set up and into the thick stuff and pee'd. Not 10 freakin mins later this giant buck came crashing into the bush, snorting and grunting like the big dirty bugger he was and checked out my 'scrape'! My heart was just a racing but I could not get a shot at all bc I peed in the thickest bush I could find! When we went up 2 weeks later there were multiple scrapes around 'my' area and the deer trail now went right by it! From now on I'm being at will in the bush!

Danni