Thread: New Boat Cover
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 01:36 PM
Banned

I bought a Cabelas multi-fit cover for a dual consul 1650 3 winters ago for a little less than $300 (sale price). There is a cord the runs around the hem that you tighten with their "ratchet system." I thought it was a good price and the fit, while not perfect, was adequate. A wider beam would make the fit much better. I keep that boat on the driveway and brush the snow off regularly to prevent ice formation and that extra weight. The fabric is beginning to weaken and I don't suppose I'll get more than another year out of it.

I usually leave the cover on when I'm driving to the fishing but rarely put it on for the return trip to allow airing out the deck, then replace it to store.

I have decided that when the time comes to replace it, I'm going to Denham Awning Makers in Saskatoon for a custom fitted job, quoted at about $800. A snap cover was estimated at $1250. I'm hoping to get double the life and a nicer looking fit.

That said, my good friend has a 21' glass tiller that came with a custom fitted snap cover that looks great, cost a lot and ruined the finish on his tiller handle because the snaps popped and it flapped in the wind for a few hundred miles en-route to a tourney. Get turn-top fasteners across the stern if you go that way.

Free