View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 12:24 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
IF you hunt where it's wide open then you can choose more your shot more carefully,but I hunt near water, swamps and lots of underbrush so like it or not most of my shots are drop on the spot higher up shots,you have to practice ,be very confident in yourself plus your rifle and just pick your killing piont,i would use a 300 wsm or 7mm re mag with 180 or 160 accubond or partition,75 percent are all higher shots for me,so the only thing that would make me stop would be the wind,350 and a heavy wind is time to get closer ,for me it's just another nice animal and wish never to hurt one so I know my limitations very well .
Longer angled shots are part of hunting so sometimes that's the shot you have and you put it down.If there is one ounce of thought that things could go wrong back off,your not ready at all to do this,a good memory is better than any nightmare.Plus 350 yards to most guys is a long way out,to others it's just another shot,but they got that way from experience and all have at least one nightmare and this is why they better themselves never to experience this again.
Good post.

I wish I was better at expressing my thoughts the way you do.

But we each have our strengths and weaknesses. One of my weaknesses is communication.

People on the other side of this keyboard may think I rattle off these posts in seconds. Actually a typical post takes me half an hour or more, of proof reading, corrections, and deleting before I am comfortable hitting the post button. And I still fail to make my point clearly enough in most cases.

George Bernard Shaw