View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 01:46 AM

When I ran tow trucks after hours I had a call from rcmp to pull a cruiser that was stuck in snow in a bad snowstorm. He called me 10 min after I pulled him out to come back to we’re he was. The call was the phone line went down to the farm and the phone company apparently is notified about it instantly and if cant contact then immediately contacts police. This is way down south and rural area and he had to wake the residents in the house to verify they were alright. I went back and pulled him out for free. But down here the detachments are so spread out you never know we’re the closest rcmp is. A lot of them down here are really good guys and would love to be there but travel time has to be considered. Now look at my response time to get the call and wake up and drive to shop. Get truck out and leave. 30 min drive in those conditions cause of the snow storm and to get there and pull him out with rigging give it an hr from from getting the call till he’s out. If it would of been summer time I could have been there in half the drive time and got him out twice as fast. Then he had an aprox 5 min drive to the farmyard. The rcmp would love to be there when these guys are doing this crap in rural areas but you have to consider they are usually on patrol somewhere else and have to race to the scene. It’s sad it happens about all the crime up to the north but we have it here to in the very southern part of the province to. It’s just easier pickings for them if they know it’s gonna 30-1hr before a cop shows up there. Don’t blame the police for anything, they’d love to catch these guys but when they are 30 or more away they just can’t be there instantly. If you want to blame someone blame the fact if they break into your home and you catch them you pretty much have to let them take everything and wait. It’s all politics and not being able to defend yourself and property from things like this. Imagine if this were a problem even 30 yrs ago? Officer would probably shake your hand and thank you for catching the waste of skin!