View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritz View Post
I pretty sure what they are trying to say is, they need to put their people where the problems are, At the rural property that is actually being broke into, not your house with your cat swinging from the curtain for the fourth time, or the wind moving the blinds because the window was left open. when they should be answering the call with a broken window with people actually crossing the line.
I know what they are trying to say, problem is that is mostly all they ever do is "say" would be nice if they started doing. I have mentioned this before and maybe someone in the know can tell me why we can not use the military to help until we get a handle on rural crime.

RCMP in the province just keeps talking about short staff, to far travel blah blah blah. Get the military to set up sting operations, do patrols, surveillance try and actually PREVENT crime. It is obvious after the past 3-4 years that the RCMP are either unwilling or unable to even make a small dent in rural crime. Is the problem the number of RCMP officers or is it their attitude, it is like you are bothering them when you call in a rural crime.

Twice around this area now people have called the fire dept, same reason as listed in another thread, you can't really trust the RCMP to show up for at least 2 hours or more. That is maybe not good use of a fire dept. but what has happened is people have been forced to work around the dismal performance of the RCMP and get help from someone. Fireman may not be armed but lots of sirens and the thought of 4-5 men showing up is comforting to someone who may be fearing for their life.