View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Big difference here, city police forces tend to be very reliable, the RCMP not so much. I used to work closely with law enforcement all over Alberta and always hated dealing with the RCMP. The company I used to work for even stopped taking contracts in certain areas because of their poor responses and total lack of professionalism. I even had guys refuse work because they didn't feel safe knowing it was the RCMP who would respond. Unless they know it will be a photo op or are protecting their own, don't count on any quality response from them.
As said many times on this forum" to serve summons and protect themselves"
Actually there is one good thing I can say about them, any time I did call them, it meant lots of overtime pay.

If they would get their act together and once again become a group of dedicated, respectable professionals we wouldn't have the need to bash them on a weekly basis.
Gotta disagree. Maybe 10 years ago but currently EPS has gone way down hill. It seems right around the time Knecht became Chief. Make a call to them now that's not a 911 call and it takes 5 minutes to go through the menu options on the phone. I've called about catching guys sneaking around our back yard, drug sales, drug use etc... Nothing gets done. I tried calling these in as 911 calls to "report the danger" when these lowlifes get high and drive off and still nothing. But they sure were eager to show how patrolling the river for safety on a long weekend was making such a big difference to the City. It's not the rank and file but the management and lack of funding that are the issue.