View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Yup, fun shoot GP has been doing for many years. They do allow range finders at this shoot.
The Rangfinder use at the Bowhunter round was discussed in great detail by the committee...
I did a little survey here on the forum, expecting fewer bowhunters to have rangefinders, as when I was younger and starting out with a new family $500.00 wasnt in the budget for beyond bow accessories and was correct to some point as that was the main reason some didnt have rangefinders...

However I was also surpprised to see as with myself 95% of compound bowhunters do carry rangefinders...

The second main reason was that nearly all of the traditional shooters dont carry rangefinders...

It was agreed that since the shoot target ranges are within 40 yard max, and originally 3D shoots were designed for hands on practice in bowhunting scenios where as on foot many scenios dont allow for time for a rangefinder...[back there we didnt worry about that as electronic rangefinders were not invented or perfected then...]

So it was agreed in whole that we would try the no rangefinder rule to enhance and sharpen bowhunters range skills, which was the main purpose ...second to having fun ...of the 3D original Bowhunter rounds...

We as a committee had to implement some rules to make it fun and fair for everyone...however we understand times have changed as well as bowhunting so as we invite more ABA members to join we can all have a say and vote on any rule..they are not written in stone!!!

Neil