View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I am not sure we are agreeing or not agreeing. I strongly believe that "+20lb RBT or BT" are trophies. All I said is a 20 inch (as in inches long...not lbs) is NOT a trophy. Just a nice size trout to catch versus a 12 inch trout.

There seems to be a vocal group on this thread that is trying to equate letting the trout grow 2 extra years before harvest as a trophy fishery. After 2 years...thereafter we would see a yearly group of rainbows reaching 20 inches.

I would say rainbows over 10 lbs would start being called trophies...stocked or otherwise. That would put them at 28 - 34 inches long here I suspect and that is not what is proposed.

Are we in agreement or...please explain your point further. We can share notes...

Thanks a bunch

Sun
a 10lb bow is a trophy only with a disclaimer eg. a 10lb bow from the bow river.....but a 10lb bow is hardly reconized as a trophy as a general sizing of the species...personally maybe.

my general point is
making new regs that wont be enforced is a complete waste of cash
if the government needs more cash to stock fish...close the hotel crack in downtown calgary and stock more. try that and see how many special social groups scream. groups you say dont exsist.

im sorry but i get alittle tired of hitler type rules that neglect the general public. i fish trophy rainbow and bulltrout from thanksgiving to the month of May. im the voice of the old guy possibly a veteran or the little girl or boy scout who needs lakes like this to fullflll their fishing happiness. if it comes down to defending them over grown men who want a 20 inch rainbow......well you know where i stand.
never mind if a 20 inch fish has more meat....the kid could care less.
police lake is prime example....

thanks for listening
im done with this thread