View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
if it really was hydrostatic shock rather than bleeding out that killed him, he would have dropped instantly, and he would not have walked those ten yards.

Exactly my point, a 130gr tsx/ttsx works excellent on elk and moose, and will easily penetrate a shoulder that the 130gr ballistic tip won't penetrate. The 130grain ballistic point is designed for rapid expansion, and it sacrifices penetration as a result. The tsx/ttsx in the same weight still expands adequately, but it offers a great deal more penetration. Bullet construction is more of a factor than bullet weight.

That comparison is as meaningless as it gets. A broadhead doesn't need a great amount of energy because it's sharp blades slice easily through the tissue. On the other hand, the expanding bullet is blunt, and it takes a great deal of energy to force it through the energy. By the way, i doubt that shooting a broadhead through the wound channel that a bullet had just created would be very beneficial as far as killing the animal is concerned.
i guess you missed my point or i did not explain it properly, sorry bout that ....