View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanit View Post
The problem is, is the people that he hired for that.
Ah, I understand it now. I think that VAC should have a list of reputable contractors available to do ground maintenance. I receive a small disability pension for a permanent shoulder injury. A few years ago, out of the blue I got a call from VAC asking me if I needed help with snow removal, etc. I'm quite capable of doing it myself so I declined the offer and thanked them for contacting me.

The way that the lady explained it to me was that all I had to do was tell them that I needed help and they would take care of the rest (ie hiring someone, sending him to my home to do the work and paying for the work that he does). That may have changed and probably has by the sounds of it because your Dad sounds like he's up to date with what's going on.

This might be something that I'd be interested in doing and I might contact VAC to see if there is a requirement for someone in Morinville. I'd get to help someone out and earn a few bucks to help supplement my pension/remain active at the same time. It sounds like a win/win situation and the Vets wouldn't have to worry about getting ripped off like your Dad was.

I should mention that I always help my neighbours with this sort of thing, especially those really in need, not for money, just cuz.