View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
even though they don't need it, for peace of mind and rock solid lock up of those action screws every time you take the stock off for a little tlc, you could have Henry Rempel pillar bed it, and have the barrel threaded with a thread protector for hunting and muzzle brake for the range work, his don't have poi shift and i've had several from him, and then make sure you're running talley rings, and upgrade the scope...

i did 7 lb all up tikka t3 lite stainless like this in .270 awhile back and shot factory ammo sub-moa all day long, made a believer out of a guy when called out for a 701 yard shot on a pretend sheep rock while afield and dialed up for perfect center hit, leupold ultralight 3-9x33 on that one with korth adding the 7/8" standard elevation target knob and Kenton supplying the speed dial turret corrected to 5000' and whatever temp i asked for at the time, likely close to 0 degrees c, we were probably at about 6000-6500' at the time...things were pretty quiet after that call out, factory federal fusion 130's to boot, those tikka's sure can shoot

you can make a heckuva sheep rifle out of that rig

for the scope upgrade i'd look real hard at the vx3i 3-9x40 with the new cds-zl turret for a perfect set up in talley low rings imo

Henry Rempel has done work for my father in law for eons. His T3 7mm Rem Mag was bedded, crowned and muzzle brake installed. Shoots insanely well, 1/2 inch MOA with Winchester super x. Has handloads for the rifle as well.

I bought a T3X 7mm RM last year. Nikon prostaff 4-12 scope on it. Hornady American Whitetail (Interlock) 154gr bullets and it barely shot 1 MOA. I wasn’t happy. I had Mr. Rempel do the bedding, crown, and muzzle brake and now it shoots sub 1/2 MOA. Completely changed the rifle.

Bought the wife a T3X 7mm RM; took it to Henry before we even shot it. Waiting for some summer before we shoot it.

Your best return on investment for improving shooting accuracy will be taking it to Henry Rempel.

I’m not handloading yet; I will be soon. Until then I keep saving that hornady brass. Reloading will unlock the next level of accuracy. Everybody is right about handloading as well; it’s just a significant higher amount of work to develop a load for your rifle. Plus investment in the equipment.

Just my 2 cents; tons of good advice to follow on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk