View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
A T1X would be perfect. Same layout, same trigger. Put the same scope on it and there you go. Plink away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAhunter View Post
Best advice I've seen anyone give here is, "Leave it stock".
I'm sure it outshoots most people as it is and you never get much return on aftermarket parts anyways.
I would recommend doing nothing or selling and upgrading to Sako 85, S20 or Christian Arms Mesa.
Bingo. Someone at Sako's R&D was using their head when they thought up the T1x concept. I've held one and it feels EXACTLY like my .223 Varmint SS.

I also agree you should leave it stock, maybe upgrade your scope, and get good at using it. The upgrades have no point if they don't make you a better shooter. My T3x .223 shot a three shot 1/2 moa group first time out of the box, and has touched 1/4 moa with Hornady and Nosler varmint bt's off the bench, but I doubt personally in a hunting situation I could do that with the adrenaline, etc. so I would agree more with the guys saying use factory ammo, unless you're shooting a lot or at VERY long range. Just my two bits. OP, might want to clarify your intent on the upgrades.