View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Banned

Experience doesn’t mean your better at something. If you’ve done something wrong for 40 plus years, it doesn’t necessarily make it right. You haven’t had an issue with your WB’s and that’s great. It doesn’t mean it’s the only way. By no means am I insulting the way you are hunting. But the way you have come across on here has not been the best.

My experience is 5 years with a WB. This year I picked up a drop away. I only spot and stalk. So do the majority of the “pro hunters” that I follow on Instagram, Facebook, and tv shows. So do most of the guys I know that bow hunt.

Basically, you have your way Bluetic, and I am happy it works for you. Same as Lefty, his way works for him. But it’s not the “only” way and I have no plans of doing it again with a WB after embracing the drop away in my RioCord Ace.

Just as a matter of curiosity Bluetic, what is it about a drop test that makes it “impossible” to spot and stalk with? Mine offers complete arrow capture and it’s surrounded in rubber and felt for no noise. The only time I can see a drop rest being a hinderance is in the cooler slushy snow/sleet/rain and maybe it’ll freeze up. But that’s a very slim chance, and in the same conditions, a WB could cause the same issues.