View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
After seeing one poor fellow have successive failures of 4 different Vortex products, I'm convinced to never buy any Vortex products. All the wonderful warranty does you no good if the products keep failing when you need them the most.

With that in mind I've only ever had one optics failure that I sent away for warranty work. It was a Bausch and Lomb Balver 2.5-10x40 riflescope, Bushnell tried to breath life into it but in the end replaced it with a 4200 Elite.

I currently own over a dozen pieces of Leupold, at least 10 Bushnell, and a half dozen Nikon, and a few Redfield, 1 Zeiss, 1 Sightron, and 1 Weaver.

Knock wood as they say.
One person “said” they had multiple issues while others said they have had no problems of any kind. Yet you let that one person determine that you will never own the product. You must have a difficult time buying a vehicle as it would be considerably easier to find several people to dispute the quality/warranty of every make and model of vehicles being made. I myself would never let someone else determine what i did or did not own, would i use it as something to watch for, certainly, but that goes both ways good and bad. I find leopold to have problems as well, several people including myself have had these scopes where you need two hands to zoom it. I just leave mine on 6 and live with it. The zeiss conquest is in the same price range as the III/3 leopold but has glass that is easily noticeably more clear yet people still buy the leopold for name and appearance as they are a good looking scope with nice available lense covers but noticeable lesser quality than the zeiss in the same price point. Now I certainly would not expect anyone to write a comment saying they would never buy a leopold because some guy on the internet says the zoom ring “always” is too stiff or that the Zeiss is ugly compared to a Leopold.