View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 05:38 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhorn2 View Post
the area I was in was a huge series of steep narrow coulees. Couldnt really glass to far or see without climbing up to top of one coulee and looking down into the next. Which at first i was sky lining myself often. After i realized it, i started kinda crawling the tops and looking down. Also the snow was crusted over which was extremely noisey. I have to do some practice shooting at longer distances with the scope now. I am a fairly decent shot and i had shooting sticks with me, just i do not know where this rifle hits at those distances. I will have to test that out next summer. I also learned that my pants and jacket are not up to the task of crawling around in the snow at -15. I will look at some lighter colored camo as you suggested. Im hoping i can draw 118 again in a few years. I will for sure try looking for a general mule next season.
Those draws go to low ground, so get there, back out 1000 meters and glass the entire area if you can, then set up your stalk, as for clothing I keep warm and comfortable first, hunted mulies in Saskatchewan for 15 years in bright orange so Color was never a concern, keep,the wind in your favour at all times when stalking or getting into position, next is movement, once your in thier kitchen pay attention to possible satellite deer, lots of eyes out there...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...