View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post

They weren't?!! Oh whew. Thank god you cleared that up. I guess you know that from being right there and witnessing the whole encounter.

Just as you chastise the "public support members of the public" for jumping to the conclusion that police WERE justified in their actions...what's the difference between that and YOUR statement of "fact" that they were in no danger?!?

So what if....just what IF, Curtis DID try to run them down with his car? Would they have been justified? What IF he DID try grabbing for their gun and turn it on them...?

You're being "judge and jury" yourself, coming up with a verdict based on your own personal opinion.

Scary.
I misread the original article about him fleeing the scene, I wrongly assumed he was fleeing then shot. So I guess I'll retract my statement about the officers not being in any imminent danger however I don't retract my opinion that members of the force don't seem to be trained to subdue but to shoot first and ask questions later. I also stand by my comment about trigger happy public supporting trigger happy police. That comes from reading this board where it's regularly supported that thieves deserve to be shot and killed. The 3 S's are constantly referred to. Something wrong with our justice system for sure but there is also something wrong with public perception when we support death penalties for petty crime.