View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Banned

Ok, so, here's Curtis' side of the story. If it's the case, did he deserve to get shot?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/al...653/story.html

Quote:
After being shot by RCMP officers on Aug. 1, the former sidekick of the reality series Mantracker is slowly recovering at his home in Grande Cache.

Now charged with various offences in relation to the incident, Curtis Hallock, remains puzzled by the events. He feels it was a “drastic measure” by the RCMP.

“It happened too fast, they were pretty aggressive and I had to get out of there. Luckily I did,” he said. “It just all happened in the heat of moment.”

That night two RCMP officers tried to stop a vehicle being driven by Hallock on suspicion that he was impaired. The night ended with Hallock being shot in the shoulder and leg.

According to Hallock, he was doing some stunting in his car when someone called in a complaint to police. He said there was no physical evidence he was impaired.

When RCMP officers attempted to pull him over, a chase ensued and officers shot him in a “game of cat and mouse,” he said. He eventually got out of his car and officers pursued him on foot. Hallock said he was shot again.

He eventually lost the officers and ran to his home.

“I walked into my home, passed all the officers waiting for me, asked my sister for coffee and then was taken to hospital,” he said, adding it was at the hospital that he was formally placed under arrest.

Hallock said was unarmed and was not impaired.

According to court documents, his charges include one count of an assault with a weapon, one count of assault of a peace officer and three counts of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle. He is scheduled to appear in court Sept. 19 to enter a plea.

The Alberta Serious Incident Response Team, the unit that is called in to investigate shooting involving police officers, is investigating the incident.

The RCMP have said a confrontation led to Hallock being shot.

Hallock had surgery on his shoulder to remove the bullet and was released from hospital two weeks ago. He said he now focused on his children, helping his community and opening up his own backwoods tour and guide business.

Despite the injury to his shoulder, Hallock has been able to get back to his true passion of horseback riding.

Hallock starred in the second season of the Outdoor Life Network series Mantracker, earning the nickname the “Horse Whisperer.” On the program, guests act as human “prey” and the Mantracker has to follow and find them using wilderness and tracking skills. Hallock starred as one of the Mantracker’s sidekicks.

“It was an enjoyable experience,” Hallock said. “I love the thrill of the chase.”

Hallock said he doesn’t feel bitter toward law enforcement after what happened the day he was shot.

“No, not all. They just took it a bit far that night.”

Last edited by silverdoctor; 08-28-2013 at 10:44 AM.