View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 06:51 PM

Quality Fishery stocked Parkland, Foothills, Boreal, or Prairie lake=A healthy number of trout 18"-30" Available to catch. Not easy to catch, just leave the difficult part to me. Aerated if need be. Limited harvest.

Mountain lakes Non-Stocked - Very Limited harvest, no bait, Managed for sustainability. Trout size as Nature intended.

Rivers and Creeks - No bait, very limited harvest on Trout and Grayling. Brook Trout no limit as long as the angler can pass a test to verify they can distinguish Brook Trout from Bull trout. Size in Creeks varies but quality states anywhere from 8" up to 30"(Depending on Species and habitat present) with many over 14". Big Rivers (Bow & Red Deer) Same deal a range of sizes but a good average from 18"->25" with good possibilities of 30".

A general rule again but all depending on species and habitat present.

As for this thread getting out of hand I don't see it, there is no acidic mud-slinging here.

Looks to me like there are more people here looking for the quality fishery than status quo, can't blame them.

Out.

Road hunting is not hunting.