View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme hunter10 View Post
Do you eat meat? Do you eat cows, pigs, sheep, goats? Those animals were killed. Do you have a moral dilemma with that? If the answer is no.. then why would you have a dilemma with doing it yourself? Unless you are unsure if you can take a life... Try it out, see if you are able. I know a lot of first time hunter hesitate a lot to pull that trigger. its a big moral responsibilty once that trigger is pulled.

Man vs wild.

Go out and take one animal. If you are not hooked for life on the whole experience... hunting is just not for you.
Meat from the store ....."Those animals were killed" but by someone else. The average person does not see it done, or how it is done, & so they can eat it. The messy work was done by others.

However whether or not a person can go out hunting & then (take a life of a wild animal) is another thing altogether. That is for them to decide & no one else. No matter what we say this individual or any individual that wants to hunt for the 1st time needs to realize they need to (take a life)....an animal does not really want to give its life up, we must (take it). All hunters needed to make that decision on their own just as this individual or any individual that wants to hunt for the 1st time needs to do.

"Man vs wild"

The way I look at "man vs wild" is that I need to try & out wit them (wildlife). While on the ground & getting within 18 meters of a deer, moose, or elk without being detected is a challenge. To get within 9 meters while on the ground is rewarding. To kneel & freeze like a rock & not move a muscle when you see a young buck just 18 meters to your left but forward & it did not detect you yet & you watch it & then it walks across the lease road (on which your kneeling & now it is only 9 meters in front of you & it stopped but does not think the thing kneeling there is a threat & so it moves a bit & begins eating buds from the bushes & gets a bit closer. You were hoping that a doe was following him or somewhere around but there was not, & so you make yourself known & it runs.

That for me is fun, rewarding, & challenging. I cannot get enough of that. Like Brad Fenson said in his article "catching a deer flat-footed and unaware of your presence is extremely rewarding and once you done it successfully, you'll want to experience it again" ......& again, & again.

I guess if we say "man verse nature" then that opens more adventures while it the act of hunting.

"Go out and take one animal. If you are not hooked for life on the whole experience... hunting is just not for you."

The person who started the thread could go out bird hunting first & shed blood & see how you feel. If you handle that then go after a deer next & that does not detect your presence & take it's life & gut it & then see how you are.

Then take another deer that is looking at you eye to eye & take it's life & if you can handle that then continue hunting. You could do this 1st if you want.

Just my thoughts on this