View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 11:31 PM

Its interesting that most forum members just shrug their shoulders when it is mentioned that sheep outfitters have the whopping amount of tags that they do because they made a deal with the goverment years back yet when natives make a deal it is a serious problem.Speaking of status Indian rights here not Metis.Although I have not one drop of native blood in me that I am aware of to me a deal is a deal and I'm proud to live in Canada where deals are for the most part kept and the goverment is mainly trustworthy.While there has been some horrible deeds done in the past I am also proud that Canada was somewhat less brutal then the States in this whole thing.To me all men are equal and I have to hand it to the chiefs back in the day for negotiating the deal they did.I live near one of the largest reserves in Alberta and have never met another sustenance hunter in my life but I also sympathize with those who live where this right to sustenance hunt is being abused and the game is scarce.My knowledge of the Metis rights is limited but in my opinion if they also negiated a deal thats one thing but if they are after additional oppurtunities thats just being greedy.

Last edited by ganderblaster; 06-27-2010 at 11:35 PM. Reason: staying on topic