View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 03:32 PM

flint, I have had many dealings with our "indigenous" people over my years in the north. Over that time, I have been approached many times to buy fish of every species that were netted as subsistence, moose, deer, elk, and woodland caribou. I have seen animal carcasses, shot under the guise of subsistence hunting being fed to the dogs. I have seen pickups(the treaty & metis owners of which I knew) loaded to the fender wells with walleye, most of which exceeded 5 lbs., that were peddled along the highway for beer money. Please do not climb on your tall pony and tell me that they have their perceived inherent right to rape Canada's natural resources like that. Have you had a look at our federal budget where in excess of $600million is allocated to them? What is the eventual disposition of those funds? For the size of the population, it sure as hell, on a per capita basis beats the hell out of what I earned by getting up in the morning and going to work, and having to pay their way through my taxes. By the same token I know some dam fine aboriginals that comply with the same laws that we are required to comply with. In fact, I hunt with several of them.