View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:30 PM

So didn't read the whole Thread...too much mixed ideas. If suckers are native to said body of water why kill them...its where they are meant to be, to survive. If they are not meant to be there im sure nature will take its course, may take a decade or 2. Im no expert on whose at the top of the food chain but from what i understand a fish is a fish...the big one eats the little one.

With that said...I do know there are different levels of predatory...im sure suckers and trout are on a different level.

Can we not all agree that at one point in time the fisheries introduced a species or 2 from one body of water to another which was not a part of that body of water as we know it.

The fact that there are suckers and trout in lakes and rivers that are not native to those bodies of water are the governments doing. A luxary of sport fishing that we pay for...a luxary that the goverment makes money on.

Have we not seen the TV shows where catfish (family to the suckers as i know it) is a treat. Perhaps a sucker is a tasty delight...

In my opinion if you catch the sucker and dont want to eat it, throw it back...nature will kill it off if intended. The bears, cougers and cyotes can find their own food; they dont need you to give them a sucker for desert.