Thread: Boat question
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Eh View Post
Is there anything that makes the evinrude (appears to be 4 hp) two blade prop troller motor (guy who sold it refers to it as a troller) that came with the boat and the 5 hp 3 blade outboard I used I have on the old tin can boat better or worse as a kicker?
What kind of 4 hourse is it?

Rude makes a couple of kinds one being the 360 ( Don’t remember if that was the actual model name. It had 360 degree steering)
The 360 if VERY MANUVERABLE and a great engine. Only disadvantage is there is no neutral so if you want to stop you have to cut the engine, it is however, very easy to start. It came with a 2 blade weedless prop and vectored the exhaust down to push the weeds away. We had one for years until it was stolen. When we replaced it we got the 4 HP with neutral and reverse because no one had the 360 at the time. After having both I would go again with the 360 as long as you can sit close to the engine. If your planning on hooking the small kicker to the larger engine via linkage for steering I would not go with the 360.

Good Luck