View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
This is by FAR my favorite post in this thread.
[Blush]

Every weekend, me and the kids set aside an hour for a learning activity, framed as "Adventures". Essentially, it's a home schooling session.

I have two streams: One is intellectual, the other practical. Our sessions have catchy names that I won't share here.

On the intellectual days we may examine an event in history, discuss critical thinking, or discuss another culture, or another religion.

On the practical days we could be building something, taking something apart. Perhaps learning some fieldcraft. Then next big thing in the pipe is teaching them to read body language, or "How to read minds".

I am grateful to the school system for building a basic foundation, so *I don't have to*, allowing me to focus on the advanced level stuff.

We're also lucky to to have the spare time and energy to put towards this. So many family are struggling just to keep their head above water that they couldn't do this.

They *LOVE* these sessions. If we skip one they complain. The burden is on me to keep it interesting, and I do my best to bring my "A" game so they keep coming back for more.

Last edited by Peter Abelard; 10-07-2018 at 01:36 PM.