View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whammy View Post
I get a kick out of how Christians cling to old testament bull**** and use it to enforce their narrow-mindedness. What's immoral about gay marriage? Two people want to be committed to one another openly. How is that immoral according to the new testament?
Ummm.. read what the Apostle Paul wrote in Romans? Neither fornicators (that is for heterosexuals too) nor blasphemers, nor homosexuals, nor drunkards, nor the immoral will enter the kingdom of heaven. But some of you were such.

It isn't just in the Old Testament. Also, what scriptures did the early Christians have but that of the OT? The councils of Calcedon and Nicea separated what was and was not validated scripture and valid interpretation.

You or anyone seem to be able to discriminate against Christians because you don't like our view, and truly, I am ok with your differing opinion. Tolerance means two or more differing views can be expressed but the tolerance is letting those different views be expressed.

I don't agree with abortion. So what? Got a problem with it? Good for you. Believe what you want but it doesn't mean you're right.

Truth is subjective not objective. There can't be more than one truths. If there was, than there is no truth, or morality. And if no morality, no conscience, and therefore no obligation to conform to law or anything else. That essentially is darwinism and has been subscribed to by too many people.

I can break a law, but if I am caught, then I may suffer consequences. Even if I say it is right to break the law or no law exists. It doesn't matter if I like it, I will be subject to a judge and the punishment.

What most people don't want is to admit there will be a day all are judged. They would rather answer to no one, and they are good so all is fine. They can think that all they want. They have free will, but that doesn't mean they are right.

Where does the morality cross lines then? When it acceptable and not acceptable to cross those lines.

Fact is homosexuality goes against pro creation, and God's design of a penis and vagina. It goes against His design of Creation and appeals to the base thoughts of sexual pleasure over His desired design. That is the problem most Christians have with it. Marriage is an Holy institution created by a holy God and we have worshipped the creature rather than the Creator.

So, think how you like, agree with any view you lilke, but I have the same freedom

Don't impose your values or lack thereof on me and I'll do you the same courtesy.