View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 09:12 AM

Got mine yesterday in the mail. Some real beauties there.

As a note on my foam backswimmer, I like to fish mine on a floating line and hit pockets of open water in the lilypads or weeds. Let it just sit there for a bit after you cast and then give it a few twitches so it dives under the water and makes a nice wake. Stop and then it should float back up to the surface. Let it sit there again for a few seconds before stripping it again. Then just lather, rinse, repeat. Casting into the circles of a rise is also really effective. I've had some great days on Beaver in the fall with this pattern and watching them come up and hit it is a lot of fun.

Some guys like to use them on sinking line and let the line bow in the water and then begin stripping it in with pauses. I'm sure this would work really well also but I like the sight fishing aspect too much and catch enough fish with dry line, that I never really end up trying this method.

Anyway. Thanks again to all participants, can't wait to use some of these once there is open water again. Might be sooner than later with this warm weather.

Cheers.