View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonkop View Post
Hahaha are you serious. High fence hunting is for tame, fed, genetically modified deer. Cascade is a completely wild environment. Why wouldn't anyone feel rewarded after driving 10 to 20 hours to get their. You know it's not an easy lake to fish. Many people who go get skunked or dont end up catching big fish. It's no guarantee, it's still fishing. It's the exact same thing anywhere trophy fish are only found in certain lakes. If you go there and catch one why on earth is it a lesser accomplishment than pulling a 2 pound perch out of wizard lake, cause that's never going to happen.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I would drive 14 hours to Cascade for the same reason I recently spent 25 hours in airplanes and airports to catch 10 lb plus bonefish in the Cook Islands. It is never a guarantee but the pay-off for the quest is a trophy unavailable almost any where else. Devil's Lake ND is another option for big perch but the logistcs are more difficult, it seems so Cascade it is. Also, as Brandonkop mentioned, these trophy-producing situations do not last forever so 5 years from now Cascade might be just a memory. I saw this happen with the Bay Of Quinte in Lake Ontario where 15 lb+ walleye were a possibility in the '80's before the zebra muscles moved in and totally disrupted the base of the food chain.