View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Again its just a question but almost everyone that I have seen go, lands at least one over 14+ inches. A task that is a lot harder to accomplish in Alberta it would seem.

How many trips did it take you to land a 14+ inch perch in Cascade several?
Your video makes it look easy.?

Not ruling it out for myself but a honest question.

Cheers,
Mike
I guess it's all a matter of personal opinion then.

There are many places to fish besides Alberta. If you don't appreciate that it's up to you. I like different experiences and Cascade is one of them.

I don't go there to catch 14 inch perch though. We go to catch a perch that is truly over 2 pounds. My goal is to catch a perch over 16 inches. Biggest so far was 15 3/4" 2 1/4 pounds. In three years there, about 10 days on the ice I've only got a couple over 2 pounds and quite a few 1 pound 15 ounce. I think my brother got three over 2 pounds last year.

Some of my videos make it seem easy to catch fish for all kinds of fishing. That's not always a fair representation of a fishery. Every day we went back to the parking lot people were asking how fishing was and when we told them how we did they looked at us baffled. Then the barrage of questions depth, bait, lure, location all stating they were skunked.

It's a bucket list trip, can't wait to get back every time I leave.

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures