View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
Yes it would. You have no idea how ballistics actually work, nor biology of you think this way.

You'll blow way more guts out the other side of a deer with a 70gr hornady and a .22-250 than you will with a .338 WM and a 250gr Swift.

Dying of sepsis and organ failure is just that. Its days and weeks sometimes and because it's not bleeding out calibre has nothing to do with it.

Give your head a shake man. Talk to a veteranarian that hunts. I know several.

People that are supporting calibre restrictions based on how they perform gut shooting strike me as clueless and unrealistic. The point is to hit the front half and that's what it all should be based on.
Now I know we can all get a little loose with reality when emotions are running high, but you really need to re-visit your hunting vet buddy. He tries to tell you a deer gut-shot with a 338 gonna live weeks, you need to feed him more beer or less.......

If you've hunted as much as you want us to believe, you've had at least one shot back a little farther than you'd wish.

You nor your confused buddies have mentioned the much higher likelihood of a successful follow up shot on the 338 vs the 223.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King