View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 06:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
Funny how the story played out different from the first tall tail. At first you "personal" watched him in the above statement.

Now you've mentioned you came along later. Huuuuum,

>>> It was before the 280ai, just the regular 280rem with 140gr ballistic tip and the deer ran over 1/2mile when we drove into the field to help out my buddy. The deer ran half way through the field he was in, all the way across the next quarter and was finally taken down crossing a meadow half way across the next quarter.

To be honest, as much as I like the 280 I think it was because it was hit in the heart the second shot and sadly not because of the cartridge.

^^^ At first it was 1 shot, now it's 2 shots. Something is not adding up in distance either.

The Deer ran half way across the first quarter then ended up half way across the next,,, 880 yards, strange since the longest shot on a deer you mentioned was 600 + yards on another thread.

So the 280 wasn't good enough, so the 280AI showed up to fill in for the lack of knock down power, seems strange indeed to all the readers one would think.

Most of us are very capable of harvesting big game with the cartrages we have, if this wasn't the case after a life time of hunting and gathering,,, why would we own the big game cartrages we own.

Doesn't really matter since we're sure the story will change once again.

One would think that as a guide for all those years that you would of checked to see that all the hunters in the group were on target long before this hunt.

Any guided hunts we've been on required us to hit the target with at least 3 shoots to confirm our rifles are on target and that we're up for the hunt.

Why would a person go guiding for someone who can't hit paper little lone a game animal.

Find someone to read my post and explain it to you, either you gotta get off the drugs or I gotta get on them. There isn't enough time in a day to explain things to you, let alone try to figure out what the hell youre talking about.