View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 12:10 PM

Question How to convince the wife

Well my problem started when my pathfinder crapped out. I was forced into buying a sunfire as it was a cheap and fast buy. Now that hunting season is around the corner i need a truck, Im looking at a 1994-1998 toyota tacoma. now the issue the wife is a firm beleiver that all "old" trucks are P.O.S. and wants me to buy a brand new or near new truck, one that i can take hunting but cant abuse, no trails, mud or water crossings. Now i cant justify to myself spending 40 - 50 grand on a truck i cant use. I would rather spend 6-7 grand on a lifted 4x4 toyota with bigger tires to get me to where i need to go one i can take through the trees where ever i need to go. She had an older car where the motor mounts were rusted out and the motor dropped on the highway and took the stearing rod with it, then my pathfinder needed quite a bit of front end work to get it on the road so between that and her views on older higher mileage trucks we argue about it all the time lol. I dont want to just go out and get one as I will be in the dog house till hunting season, What can i do to convince her. Iv tried to tell her she lets me get what I want for a truck in the summer she can get what she wants. I need some help!!!