View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 11:14 AM

Default Keep Hammering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Bow View Post
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to both this site and bow hunting. I started out grouse hunting in Porcupine hills years ago, only I didn't know it was Porcupine hills then (referral from a Canadian Tire line up). I have seen elk there on only 2 occasions, but not knowing any better I decided to focus on mainly 304 for elk. I've walked I'm sure by now hundreds of miles in every kind of walking imaginable. I've called, I've de-scented, I've elk bombed and sat, I have glassed for hours. I have walked in every imaginable kind of terrain.
With absolutely no success in my efforts for even seeing Elk never mind getting one, I have decided to look outside porcupine and try new things. I did manage a mule doe so the effort wasn't a total loss, but I have elk on the brain and would love to get one with the bow... ok rifle would be fine too. But I do love bow hunting.
I'm looking for a hunting partner who is experienced with elk. I think I have a lot to give back for that experience. I'm in great shape and you won't find a harder working person. I really just love being out. :-)
Persistence pays! You have the right attitude for success. Putting in the miles will increase your probability. As Cam Hanes says KEEP HAMMERING!